Obbligazioni corporate ora - Gzibordi

By: alphatrader on Domenica 18 Novembre 2001 23:59

Scusa, ma la telecom polacca mi sembra sia controllata da France telecom , senon sbaglio.

By: fabrizio maiocco on Domenica 18 Novembre 2001 23:21

la butto lì Telecom polacca scadenza 2008 in sloty che è piuttosto stabile, rendimento 15% è stata massacrata. La telecom polacca è controllata da Telia (stato svedese). il rischio mi sembra bassino.

Obbligazioni corporate ora - Gzibordi  

By: GZ on Sabato 17 Novembre 2001 22:47

obbligazioni ? in maggio e fino a luglio avevo suggerito costantemente di comprare il Treasury Bond future (non come trading, per due mesi di fila) ovvio che il future sembra meno investimento e più speculazione, ma non è poi così ad es i future sulle scadenza a 3 mesi come eurodollaro sono da investimento comunque adesso invece in effetti è il momento di buttarsi sulle obbligazioni corporate perchè il rischio di bancarotta sulle aziende sta diminuendo dopo essere salito per due anni visto che siamo a un punto di svolta del ciclo congiunturale e la "spread" tra treasury e bund a 10 anni e le obbligazioni aziendali si sta finalmente riducendo Ad es ecco qui cosa dice il mio commento favorito sull'obbligazionario la chiave è il petrolio che è crollato da 29 $ a 17 $ e il punto è che i tassi a breve sulle obbligazioni Usa sono scesi di 450 punti base e quelli sulle obbligazioni corporate di neanche 40 punti giudicate voi... ".... short rates have fallen 450 basis points since the Fed began easing in January, the 10-year Treasury yield has fallen by only about 100 basis points, and corporates by just 30 to 40 basis points ......." ---------- Brian Reynolds ----------- Before September, it felt like we were in a recession, though the economy had so far escaped the technical definition. I felt any recovery would be modest and reminiscent of the sluggish expansion of 1991, largely because of the similarities between the two periods in the fixed-income markets. As a result of the 1990 recession, the Fed lowered short-term rates by 500 basis points during a period of massive federal budget stimulus. (Does this sound familiar?) Yet bond yields remained stubbornly high, and that high cost of capital helped lead to one of the slowest starts to an expansion on record. That contrasts with 1998, when both short- and long-term rates fell in tandem, helping to bring on several years of supercharged growth. After Sept. 11, I noted a lot of crosscurrents, but the economic outlook would rely in part on two big factors: our response to terrorism and domestic travel patterns Hopefully, the fall of Kabul is a precursor to even better things in the war on terrorism. As for domestic air travel, it looks to have bottomed out, because the initial 30% decline has since improved to a 20% decline. Hopefully, that gap can narrow to 10%. Because air travel and the spending that accompanies it account for about 10% of gross domestic product, a 10% drop in air travel over the next year could imply a 1% hit to GDP. Some of that would be offset by local trips made by alternate means of transportation, so a rough impact on GDP from travel would seem to be a loss of 0.5% to 1%. How several other positives and negatives play out will determine whether the economy can surmount this dent from travel. Impact on Bonds For me, the biggest positive is the decline in oil prices. It's difficult to have enduring, strong growth with high inflation, because bond investors panic and send the cost of capital skyrocketing. If oil remains where it is, the consumer price index could trend down to 1% or so over the next year. Many of my friends in the bond market worry that the economy will rebound and push inflation higher after it bottoms. However, they've been worrying about that all year, so if they keep bond yields high and the economy slow, that fear may begin to recede. If so, then intermediate- and long-term bonds look like great values. If something sends oil prices back up, bonds would become an instant sell among fund managers. I think corporate bond yields are high enough to provide a decent return over inflation, even if consumer prices creep up to the 2% to 3% range in the next few years. Consumer spending fell off sharply after the attacks but has recently shown signs of life. Lower short-term rates can help sales at General Motors (GM:NYSE - news - commentary - research - analysis), Ford (F:NYSE - news - commentary - research - analysis) and DaimlerChrysler (DCX:NYSE - news - commentary - research - analysis), and their 0% financing offers have helped sales. Given these companies' cost structures and that their cost of capital has escalated drastically in recent months, these sales aren't particularly profitable. However, they show that consumers are willing to spend at certain price levels. The demand for safety among bond investors has helped to pull mortgage rates down along with the 10-year Treasury, and that's also supporting consumer spending through increased refinancing activity. However, I think mortgage-backed bonds are overvalued, so I think some risk exists for a continued refinancing boom. If the battle in Afghanistan continues to progress, bond investors could be ready to take more risks and end up selling mortgage-backeds (pushing their yields higher and making refinancing less attractive) and gravitating to higher-yielding corporates. The fairly high bond-yield levels relative to expected inflation are a major reason I don't feel the economy will get significantly worse. Should the pace of layoffs increase and the economy threaten to slow further, bond yields have plenty of room to fall and support the economy. While short rates have fallen 450 basis points since the Fed began easing in January, the 10-year Treasury yield has fallen by only about 100 basis points, and corporates by just 30 to 40 basis points Modificato da - gzibordi on 11/17/2001 21:50:45

By: fabrizio maiocco on Sabato 17 Novembre 2001 13:19

Perchè non si cerca diimpostare un lavoro anche finalizzato all'investimento in bond? Analisi e quant'altro. Ritengo che possa essere altrettanto redditizio che l'azionario se fatto nei momenti più opportuni. Magari estendendo il discorso anche in ambito valutario. EX fine 99 visto il tracollo subito dal RAND ho acquistato delle zero coupon World Bank scad. 2029 rivendute ieri. GAIN : + 138%