Report Macro 02/12/03 - Il debito quando è troppo è troppo!

sembra che di colpo il mercato voglia essere pagato di più - gz  

By: GZ on Martedì 31 Luglio 2007 23:13

questo è un indice delle obbligazioni aziendali con rating di "B" cioè basso sembra che di colpo il mercato voglia essere pagato di più per tenerle (e i loro prezzi ovviamente di riflesso cedono, creando perdite ai portafogli pieni di bonds aziendali). Qui parliamo NON di mutui immobiliari, ma proprio di debito delle aziende di fascia bassa

By: Esteban on Venerdì 27 Luglio 2007 16:41

Che differenza tra irlanda e Inghilterra ... ^Investors Flee Bank of Ireland, Allied Irish on Housing Slump#http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=aEeoHfOx2tkQ&refer=home^

By: Esteban on Giovedì 26 Luglio 2007 19:38

Cioè praticamente ... Ci sono in giro un sacco di possibili Italease , solo che mentre quì è già uscito il problema , lì stanno ancora sperando di risolverlo ?

By: hobi on Giovedì 26 Luglio 2007 18:45

Le grandi banche sono i grandi underwriter. Ci sono 300 miliardi di LBO da finanziare ( e su cui hanno preso fior di commissioni). Ora non stanno riuscendo a piazzare i bonds tra gli investitori e perciò sono obbligati a metterli sui loro libri. Da qui l'incremento dei costi dei loro CDS( i suprime mi pare c'entrino poco). Hobi

gli "indicatori" che guardano i professionisti - gz  

By: GZ on Giovedì 26 Luglio 2007 18:00

in questo mercato gli "indicatori" che guardano i professionisti sembrano essere le quotazioni dei derivati sul debito le Credit Swaps e altri contratti di "assicurazione" sulle società più esposte e sui bonds più rischiosi -------------------- Goldman Sachs, Bear Stearns Bond Risk Surges, Credit Swaps Show By Shannon D. Harrington July 26 (Bloomberg) -- The risk of owning bonds of Wall Street firms surged as concerns escalated that investment banks will be hurt by rising losses from subprime mortgages and a freeze in demand for corporate debt. Credit-default swaps on $10 million of Goldman Sachs Group Inc. bonds jumped as much as $18,000 to a record $85,000, according to broker Phoenix Partners Group in New York. Bear Stearns Cos. credit swaps surged as much as $29,000 to $110,000, also a new high. Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. climbed as much as $24,000 to $104,000. An increase in the five-year contracts, used to bet on the companies' creditworthiness, signals deterioration in investor confidence. Risk premiums surged as Absolute Capital Group Ltd., an Australian hedge fund, suspended withdrawals from two funds after forecasting losses on U.S. subprime mortgages. The firms' credit swaps extended increases from yesterday when banks including Goldman were stuck with $20 billion in loans they couldn't sell to finance buyouts of Auburn Hills, Michigan-based automaker Chrysler and Europe's Alliance Boots Plc. Risk premiums for Wall Street firms have also risen because of concern they may lose money on their investments or ties to securities backed by subprime mortgages, some of which have lost at least half their value as faults among the riskiest home loan borrowers surge.

Intorno al 20 giugno è successo qualcosa - gz  

By: GZ on Giovedì 26 Luglio 2007 02:59

Intorno al 20 giugno è successo qualcosa. Le obbligazioni aziendali con rating più basso, che costavano solo un 2.50% più dei titoli di stato (ed erano tre anni che era così), ora costano un 4.40% in più il debito dei privati comincia di colpo a costare, il mercato comincia a pensare che ci siano dei rischi e vuole essere pagato di più per prestare soldi Ma perchè visto che le aziende hanno utili ottimi e l'economia mondiale cresce bene ? As Tim Bond of Barclays Capital put it so well a few weeks ago, "it is ^the excess leverage of the lenders not the borrowers which is the source of systemic problems#http://www.pimco.com/LeftNav/Featured+Market+Commentary/IO/2007/IO+August+2007.htm^."

il debito a rischio comincia a costare - gz  

By: GZ on Venerdì 20 Luglio 2007 23:15

quindi... i dati economici sono in europa i migliori degli ultimi 10 anni (ad esempio ^quelli di occupazione#http://europanotizie.ilsole24ore.com/EuropaNotizie/Notizie/Macroeconomia/2007/07/20/MACRO_6431284_20070720.jsp^).... ma intanto le "spread", le differenze di costo del debito tra quello delle aziende e i titoli di stato, si allargano ora di colpo nel caso di quelle delle società con più debito qui in Europa oggi sono salite ^ai massimi degli ultimi due anni#http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aDOI6Z_I3Q14&refer=bondheads^ -------------------------------- ...The perceived risk of owning European corporate bonds rose to a two-year high, and an index linked to leveraged loans fell to record lows. The LCDX, a two-month-old index tied to the loans of 100 companies with high-yield, high-risk ratings, fell to a record, according to Goldman, Sachs & Co. The iTraxx Crossover Series 7 Index of the debt of 50 European companies rose to a two-year high, according to Deutsche Bank AG ...

By: GZ on Venerdì 20 Luglio 2007 22:53

Considerate le notizie di oggi sul fronte del DEBITO il fatto che gli S&P 500 perdano meno del -1% (ok, l'Eurostoxx fa -1.7%) è notevole come segno di forza relativa L'ingrediente del toro è stata la "liquidità" cioè il fatto che potevi prendere a prestito quello che volevi o con le banche o emettendo bonds e oggi hai una serie di finanziamenti che si incagliano e il costo del debito che improvvisamente balza su --------------------------------------- The high-yield bond and leveraged loan markets are off sharply again Friday. The big news is that KKR postponed deals to finance its buyout of Alliance Boots, that the Chrysler loans are running to more resistance, and that banks are bracing for more losses from bridge loan exposure. One fund manager with knowledge of the Chrysler deal says that only half of the book is filled, and the deal terms are getting close to the point that they're not economically feasible for J.P. Morgan (JPM:NYSE), the lead underwriter. Market participants are wondering if Chrysler will become a hung bridge loan situation for JPM. The JPM questions come as Citigroup's (C:NYSE) CFO said on a call Friday morning the firm was unable to sell debt to investors on four deals in the second quarter, leaving Citi with the bridge loans on its balance sheets. The CFO says he's braced for more balance sheet hits from unsold deals in the third quarter as well, Dow Jones reported. Meanwhile the CDX 8, the derivatives index tracking high yield bonds, has widened another 25 basis points Friday morning to 437 basis points over Libor. Was 395 on Wednesday, and 250 at its recent lows. The LCDX, the derivatives index tracking the leveraged loan market, is also wider by about 25 basis points, at 287 basis points over Libor. This index typically has resistance at a 300 spread. Risk premiums on the U.S. automaker credit default swaps, or derivatives that track its bonds, are wider by about 50 basis points this morning on the Chrysler news. Fund managers in the high-yield and leveraged loan space have a LOT of auto paper, from when Ford (F:NYSE) and GM (GM:NYSE) were sliced to junk in 2005. Ford stock is down 2.6% and GM down 1.7% in recent trading. It appears fund mangers in the space are acting on their oft-uttered words, "The last thing I need is more auto debt

Euribor al 4.50%, il 40% dello stipendio per i mutui - gz  

By: GZ on Mercoledì 27 Giugno 2007 14:42

Il commissario ONU per i diritti umani fa un report sulle condizioni di vita e povertà in Spagna (...! tra l'altro un tizio dell'India....ma quanti soldi sprecano all'ONU in questo modo ?..) lamenta che ^la maggioranza delle famiglie non ce la fa a pagare in media 840 euro ora di mutuo#http://www.elpais.com/articulo/economia/Euribor/escala/450/encarece/hipoteca/media/euros/ano/elpepueco/20070627elpepieco_4/Tes^ con i recenti rincari dei tassi Euribor Tanto per dire in America di solito se non mostri che il mutuo è al massimo il 30% del tuo reddito non te lo danno ---------- Eso se traduce en que una familia con una hipoteca media -150.146 euros a pagar en 25 años, según el INE- pagará ahora 878 euros, en lugar de los 784 de hace un año. Una subida del 12% en ese caso. Los consumidores notan la subida en su bolsillo y actúan en consecuencia. Un estudio de Deloitte asegura que uno de cada tres hipotecados renuncia a actividades de su vida cotidiana para hacer frente al pago del lugar en el que viven. El 49% de los encuestados que dicen verse afectados por la subida de tipos estiman en menos de 50 euros mensuales el incremento, mientras que sólo un 8% habla de una subida superior a los 100 euros. Mientras, el relator especial de la ONU que estudia el problema de la vivienda en España, el indio Miloon Kothari, ha recuperado el tono apocalíptico que ya usó el pasado año para denunciar la "especulación urbanística desenfrenada". "El Gobierno español trabaja en el buen camino, pero debe intervenir más en el mercado e informar claramente de que en unos años llegará una grave crisis que afectará a gran parte de la población", dijo ayer. ... Sus conclusiones preliminares establecen que gran parte de la población dedica más del 40% de su salario al pago de hipotecas

il consumatore americano dopo 15 anni sta cedendo - gz  

By: GZ on Martedì 22 Maggio 2007 01:05

Un articolo oggi del WSJ che spiega come per vendere auto, moto, barche, mobili, elettrodomestici ci sia ora in America un altro mercato dei mutui "subprime" (detti anche "tossici") Si allentano sempre di più le condizioni per i mutui tipo promozioni di zero interesse per un anno, termindi di 72 mesi (!) e "re-aging" cioè se uno non paga la rata gli allungano tutti i termini del mutuo. E ovviamente vengono cartolarizzati e rivenduti in giro per il mondo Somma questo al crac del mercato dei mutui immobiliari di fascia povera (di cui non si parla più), al record dell'uso di carte di credito in marzo ed aprile, +10% circa (in america ti costano un 16% e le usi se proprio non hai più niente altro per pagare ) e somma i dati di vendite al dettaglio disastrosi di aprile (dei -6% mese su mese ovunque con Walmart che ha avuto il peggiore calo mensile da quando esiste) e vedi che il consumatore americano dopo 15 anni consecutivi senza mai flettere un trimestre sta cedendo ------------ Retailers Add Risk in Easing Loan Terms By KAREN RICHARDSON May 21, 2007 National retailers of big-ticket items such as houses, boats and motorcycles aren't the only companies facing the prospect of more late payments and losses on their consumer loans these days. So, too, are smaller regional retailers. But unlike mortgage lenders, which have been forced to tighten their underwriting standards amid the subprime meltdown, these smaller players -- and even some bigger niche players -- are trying to encourage customers to keep buying by offering more zero-interest loans and extended payment plans. "At the end of the day, you do what it takes to get business," says Dennis Fink, chief financial officer of Haverty Furniture Cos., a home-furnishings chain based in Atlanta. In the first quarter, 55% of loans that Haverty made to customers were no-interest for longer than 12 months, compared with 40% a year earlier. Those considering investing in regional retailers need to closely examine their customer-financing operations. In some cases, there is a risk that their loans could go bad; in others, easy loan terms are artificially boosting sales. Either way, investors need to figure out how the underlying business is really performing and how the market is valuing it. Special financing enables customers to buy goods for a small monthly payment. For retailers, whose sales have been hit by higher gasoline prices and the housing slump, these promotions improve marketing and sales growth -- but can also increase the risk to their own future finances and their loan portfolios' credit quality. "You're certainly going to lower the likelihood that customers will ever pay you," says Stephen Ryan, accounting professor at New York University's Stern School of Business. Like subprime-mortgage loans, which are for risky borrowers, special financing promotions tend to "appeal to people who are cash-constrained and have poor credit histories," he adds. The possible upshot, as with the subprime-mortgage shakeout that has seen some of the loans go sour and pushed dozens of lenders out of business, is that these easy consumer-financing deals can go sour and weigh on the retailer making the offer. The risk is amplified when companies extend payments further into the future for customers who have missed a monthly deadline, a practice known as "re-aging." It can also have the effect of making loans appear healthier than they really are. For example, re-aging can allow a customer who is more than 30 days late making a payment on a 36-month loan to cover only the interest that month. In exchange, the company extends the lending period to 37 months. It then categorizes the account as current. Allegations of fraudulent re-aging at Conseco Inc. led to lawsuits and helped push the insurer toward its bankruptcy-court filing in 2002. "We don't see [re-aging] as a way of masking" delinquencies, says William Nylin, executive vice chairman and chief operating officer at Conn's Inc., a 117-year-old specialty retailer based in Beaumont, Texas, which sells appliances, electronics and furniture in 62 stores in Texas and Louisiana. "We see it as a way to allow customers to pay the loan out to maturity. It's our experience that you get a high percentage of payment." Conn's stretches out about 2% of its loans to current status once every six months, mostly boosting 36-month loans for as long as 72 months. At the end of 2006, about 25% of Conn's total loan portfolio was extended to riskier borrowers, while the rest was to those with better credit histories. Conn's says the loss rates on both its prime and so-called secondary, or riskier, portfolio, are both just 3%. That is lower than many big credit-card issuers, which are in the 4%-to-5% range. On Friday, Conn's shares fell 34 cents, or 1.3%, to $25.02 in 4 p.m. composite trading on the Nasdaq Stock Market, bringing its market value to almost $600 million. The share price is up about 11% since the start of the year. The stock has a relatively low valuation, trading at 13.8 times estimated 2008 per-share earnings compared with 18.2 for the broader retail sector, according to Thomson Financial. Conn's says it hasn't seen any deterioration in any of its loan portfolio, even though it finances nearly 60% of its sales to a mix of prime and subprime customers. "There is no big housing slump going on in Texas and Louisiana right now," says Mr. Nylin. Conn's converts its receivables into securities for sale to bond investors. But because it is a retailer and not a bank, it isn't required to follow guidelines laid out by the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council for re-aging and recording losses on consumer loans. The council recommends that re-aging occur not more than twice in five years on a loan, and for losses on unsecured loans to be recognized if they are 180 days late. Conn's recognizes losses on its secured loans when they are 210 days late. "There's been an increasing trend to rely on the secondary portfolio and less on the primary portfolio to drive growth," says Anthony Lebiedzinski, an analyst at Sidoti & Co., which doesn't own any shares in Conn's. Mr. Lebiedzinski has the equivalent of a "hold" rating on the stock. While Conn's does charge higher interest on the secondary portfolio, "there's also higher risk," Mr. Lebiedzinski adds.

la Corona Svedese è anche meglio - gz  

By: GZ on Mercoledì 25 Aprile 2007 00:15

comunque il cambio che ha il grafico più chiaro è la Corona Svedese (contro dollaro)

By: gianlini on Lunedì 12 Febbraio 2007 19:06

è davvero curioso che a salire tanto negli ultimi anni siano state proprio le Stelle degli Orsi...

By: GZ on Lunedì 12 Febbraio 2007 18:30

Ad ogni modo le banche d'affari di Wall Street come ^BSC#^ sono salite troppo... (Bear Sterns rispetto all'S&P)

Ci sono banche nei guai ? - gz  

By: GZ on Lunedì 12 Febbraio 2007 18:26

questo articolo ^oggi su Bloomberg descrive la situazione#http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aqTiIkTKqgzo&refer=us^ dei principali attori, ma non è come una volta oggi quando qualcuno non paga i debiti non c'è più una banca o due che ci rimangono sotto in sostanza il grosso delle società che fanno prestiti rischiosi sono non quotate e piccole, poi delle grosse Washington Mutual, BankAmerica, HSNC e Countrywide, NEW, LEND (che sono già scoppiate però queste due) e sul lato di chi crea questi pacchetti esplosivi Bear Sterns in particolare e poi Merril, Lehman... Fannie Mae ormai no perchè sono due anni che è bloccata ma i) il fatto è che ci sono 18 home lenders già saltati per aria e altri piccoli in crisi e questa è anche un opportunità per le big come Countrywide ii) i danni veri invece vengono "spalmati" sul mercato dei derivati sul credito e quindi arrivano a centinaia di istituzioni di tutti i generi e anche hedge funds che hanno comprato o i bonds o i CDO sui bonds cioè secondo me il danno è diffuso su scala globale ma proprio per questo lo si assorbe abbastanza bene all'inizio, occorre che si diffonda ancora e poi man mano ci saranno degli hedge funds che mostrano perdite e allora sono costretti a liquidare qualcosa d'altro la cosa affascinante del sistema attuale è che è GLOBALE e tutti partecipano del rischio che viene frazionato per cui il sistema è molto "elastico" Ad ogni modo sono short Bear Sterns, ^BSC#^ come scrivevo oggi nel trading track

By: AB58 on Lunedì 12 Febbraio 2007 18:01

Egr. Dott. Zibordi, buongiorno. A parte i disperati di HSBC sui quali visto il grafico mi pare sia rimasto poco da grattare, un'idea su qualche altro papabile in procinto di cadere dal ramo per i problemi da lei diffusamente esposti ? Grazie Aldo.